As I mentioned yesterday, I have recently purchased your 12 Alarm Watch. It's the greatest purchase I have ever made! I will explain how it has changed my life below. In
the meantime I want you to know I would recommend this watch to anyone, I would
give testimony to any and all people, I would go to any length to assist you in getting this
watch sold and distributed. I am trying to say this in as strong a language as possible: so
you will understand how strongly I feel about your product and understand what
lengths I would go to assist you in your sale and distribution of this watch.
I am a person with Parkinson's Disease
I would like you to know that this watch has made my life so much easier. It has enabled me to insure I get the right medicine at the correct time and interval. I currently take
Parkinsons medicine in 1 hour and 50 minute intervals. Without this alarm watch it is a
nightmare to insure I take my medicine on time. I now know that I was late in taking my medicine and I think I was, on occasion, missing my medicine all together.
I used to suffer 'OFF' times, on average every day or two. [After I got the watch] it [has] happened [only] once this month because I forgot to take my medicine with me, when I left the house. 'OFF' time can be very painful and uncomfortable.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.
I almost forgot – setting up the alarms
and using your watch is a breeze and no one should be afraid of it.
Good Medication Adherence is one of the key components for a better life as a PWP (Person With Parkinson's). Our electronic pill reminders / medication reminders (www.MEDclock.com) can help improve patient medication adherence: Medication Compliance Statistics
by hospital/clinics treating Parkinson's patients.
by Parkinson's patients.
Compliance means taking the correct amount of the prescribed medicine at the proper time. Remembering to take your medicine is the key to compliance. Medicine will be effective only when taken as prescribed by your physician.
Drugs don't work in patients who don't take them C. Everett Koop, MD
The Real Drug Problem: Forgetting to Take ThemWSJ - Amy Dockser Marcus article
Medication non-compliance (non-adherence), the failure to take drugs on time in the dosages prescribed, is as dangerous and costly as many illnesses.
Studies have shown than non-compliance causes 125,000 deaths annually in the US (2), leads to 10 to 25 percent of hospital and nursing home admissions, and is becoming an international epidemic. It is, in the words of The New York Times (1) the world’s "other drug problem".
Negative Economic Effects of Non-Compliance
· 23% of nursing home admissions due to noncompliance(3).
Cost $31.3 billion / 380,000 patients.
· 10% of hospital admissions due to noncompliance (4,5). Cost $15.2 billion / 3.5 million patients.
· 50% of all prescriptions filled are taken incorrectly. (7)
· 1/3 of patients take all their medicine, 1/3 take some, 1/3 don't take any at all (Rx prescription never filled) (6).
· 25,000,000 nonprofessional caregivers in the US (8).
· 80% of nonprofessional caregivers are women (8).
· 80%-90% of people requiring care in the US receive it from family members or friends (9).
1. The New York Times June 2, 1998
2. Smith, D., Compliance Packaging: A Patient Education Tool, American
Pharmacy, Vol. NS29, No 2 February 1989
3. Standberg, L.R., Drugs as a Reason for Nursing Home Admissions, American Health care Association Journal, 10,20 (1984).
4. Schering Report IX The Forgetful Patient: The High Cost of Improper Patient Compliance.
5. Oregon Department of Human Resources, A study of Long-Term Care in Oregon with Emphasis on the Elderly March 1981.
6. Hayes, R.B.NCPIE Prescription Month, October 1989
7. U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
8. Rosalynn Carter Institute of Georgia Southwestern College.
9. Parade Magazine, 1/29/95.
e-pill, LLC is not a Medicare Provider and does not bill Medicare. If you are a Medicare recipient you assume complete financial responsibility for your purchases. e-pill®, PuffMinder®, ePill®, HIProtector® are registered trademarks.